Shoulder Surgery

Just a quick note to those of you following my blog. I will be having surgery on my right shoulder on April 16th. I will be in a sling for about 4 weeks and then on to P.T. I will miss sharing my kitchen adventures with you. As soon as the doctor gives the o.k. I’ll be back to posting. Thank you so very much for your likes and interest in this blog. God Bless.

Jo Ann

20 Comments Add yours

1. I hope your surgery and recovery goes well! We’ll miss your posts, but you need to concentrate on healing. Take care!

2. Poor you. Take care and look forward to your kitchen adventure once recovered

1. Thanks! I will have lots of time to think, read, and gain inspiration for future posts.

3. Bill Blake says:

I hope your recovery is swift an complete. I am just thankful that I am no longer responsible for trying to replace you at work. Seriously…get well. Get healed.

1. Thanks Bill. A few long years have passed and pain is a great motivator to give-in to the inevitable. So I will do what the doctor says this time! I do miss my work, Tony and Tim. It’s never easy to leave the team. I suspect by now they could be missing my hands on the bench.

4. Hope your surgery goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.

5. Liz says:

I sincerely hope your surgery will go well and you’ll have a speedy recovery. I wish you all the best. Please don\t worry about the blog. We shall be thinking about you and missing your posts, but more important, we want you to get well. Keep calm and take care!

1. Thank you Liz. I really enjoy all your posts. I will have plenty of time to read so please keep them coming.

1. Liz says:

Thank you, Jo, you are a phenomenal lady! I wish you a lovely weekend!

6. Liz says:

I hope the shoulder surgery went on as planned. How is everything? please don’t try to type if you can’t but I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery too! Take good care of yourself!

1. Surgery went very well. The surgeon was able to repair all damage and prevent the cyst from returning. I will have the normal use of my shoulder when I’m completely recovered. The complete recovery could take up to 6 months. I will however be able to resume activities over time. I have 3 more weeks left in the sling. Stitches come out tomorrow. Then the hard part the Physical Therapy. Sleeping is hard for now but that will improve when the sling comes off. I am doing pretty well typing lefty. It just takes more effort. Thanks for the well wishes. You are so thoughtful:)

1. Liz says:

Oh how hilarious that you’re typing lefty. I am sorry to hear that sleeping is a bit hard for you, but I know you’re managing all the same. At least the surgery went on as planned, without any hitches. Good luck with removal of the stitches. And keep strong during the physical therapy. Nothing is ever easy but it’s always great to know one is making baby steps every single day that passes. Just focus on getting well. I wish you all the best. My best wishes to your family too!

7. Sinfully Tempting says:

Your post reminded me of the one I had to make on my own blog weeks back. I was forced to take a break due to knee surgery. I’m thankful to finally be up and around again, I know what you must be going through. Hoping that your recovery continues to go well and that you’re back sharing your kitchen adventures soon enough.

I’m glad I stumbled upon your blog, it’s wonderful! 🙂

1. Hello, I hope your do well after your knee surgery. I’m looking forward to visiting your blog. Thanks for following my blog:) I’m feeling better each day. Looking forward to PT so I can get some motion back in my shoulder. Wishing you a wonderful week.

1. Sinfully Tempting says:

You have a wonderful week, as well! 🙂

8. Hope you are recovering well!

9. Liz says:

Stiches came out I presume? Good luck with the Physical Therapy and keep strong. Have a pleasant week! Don’t worry about replying.